Lindsay Oversight Board to the Lindsay Successor Agency/Redevelopment
On December 27, 2011 the California State Supreme Court upheld AB1X26 (the “Dissolution Act”) and required the dissolution of every redevelopment agency within California as of February 2012. The bill included provisions for a successor agency to a former redevelopment agency that would be directed by an oversight board comprised of representatives from various local taxing entities and organizations.
On January 10, 2012 the Lindsay City Council designated the City of Lindsay as the Successor Agency to the prior Lindsay Redevelopment Agency.
Successor Agency Objectives:
- Wind-down the affairs of the RDA
- Create Redevelopment Obligation Retirement Fund (RORF)
- Dispose of assets and properties as directed by the Oversight Board
Lindsay Oversight Board Members:
- Kuyler Crocker – Appointed by the Tulare County Board of Supervisors
- Job Lara – Vice – Chair, Appointed by the Mayor that formed the RDA
- Greg Mcqueen – Chair, Appointed by the largest special district, by property tax share, Lindsay Local Hospital District
- Grant Schimelpfening – Appointed by the Tulare County Superintendent of Education
- Christine Statton – Appointed by the Chancellor of the California Community Colleges
- Julieta Martinez – Appointed by the Tulare County Board of Supervisors
- William Zigler – Appointed by the Mayor representing employees of the former RDA
Oversight Board General Functions:
- Direct the Successor Agency actions in terminating or renegotiating contracts, agreements or other arrangements between the former RDA and private parties in order to reduce the Successor Agency’s liabilities and increase the net revenues to the taxing entities.
- Review and authorize the Successor Agency’s Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule(s)(ROPS).
- Fiduciary responsibility to holders of enforceable obligations and the taxing entities that benefit from distributions of property tax and other revenues pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 34188.
Lindsay Oversight Board Document Library: